Rise and shine! It’s time to rise up, get a rise out of someone, watch the bread rise, and rise to this fabulous occasion…
Join TueNight for an evening of Gen-X storytelling around the theme RISE. We’ll be in the cozy downstairs bar at The Wrenwhere we’ll drink cocktails, enjoy delicious food and rise up together.
- Abby West (@AbbyWestNYC) Now a senior marketing manager at Audible, Abby is the former executive editor of Essence.com, and an Entertainment Weekly and People mag vet. A self-described “pop culture fanatic,” she’s a firm believer in the power of storytelling and will one day finish her own book.
- Melanie Dione (@beauty_jackson) Melanie is a writer, and podcaster from New Orleans, currently residing in Pittsburgh, PA. She is one half of the creative duo behind The Good & Terrible Show, and can be heard weekly on the popular “Bad Advice Show.” When she is not using her gift of gab, she is making geek dreams come true as the Director of Entertainment for Universal FanCon.
- Elana Rabinowitz (@ElanaRabinowitz) A writer and teacher living and working in Brooklyn, NY, Elana has written for the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today and many others.
- Yng-Ru Chen (@Yngaling) Until February 2018, Yng was the Director of Marketing and Partnerships at Tattly. She has extensive experience in the arts, museums and creative industries. She now works with institutions and artists as an independent marketing and communications consultant.
- Kerika Fields Nalty (@KerikaFields) Kerika Fields Nalty is a Brooklyn-based writer and photographer whose work has appeared in The Daily News, The Source, Variety, Vibe and numerous other print and online publications. The author of “He’s Gone…You’re Back! The Right Way to Get Over Mr. Wrong” also enjoys speaking and has been a panelist at Bindercon NY. She currently writes for MSXFactor.com
- Whitney Johnson (@johnsonwhitney) Recognized as one of the 50 leading business thinkers in the world (Thinkers50), Whitney Johnson is an expert on disruptive innovation as she describes in the critically acclaimed book “Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work” and the upcoming book “Build an “A” Team: Play To Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve.” (Harvard Business Press, 2018).
What people say about us….
“TueNight is a great place to share and exchange work, thoughts and ideas in an intimate and safe environment. I highly recommend it as a speaker or a listener to feel more connected to a wonderful community.” —Stacy London, What Not to Wear
“TueNight is a cathartic, fun evening with a bunch of wonderful strangers and friends. It’s pretty much the only reason I ever leave my house on a weeknight.” —Lori Leibovich, Time Inc
“A wildly entertaining evening in a raw, visceral setting” — Ines Peschiera, Able.co
“TueNight readings feel like a giant hug from that one friend that *gets* you.” — Amy S Choi, Mashup Americans